The Academy Gallery is excited to announce the return of the Miniature Show! This year our show will take place during the holidays and allow for some extra special holiday shopping. The exhibition is open to all community members as an exciting exhibition opportunity, but like our student exhibition the show will be juried this year. The spirit of the Miniature show is for local artists to exhibit work in all ranges and forms, the only guiding principle as that pieces must be smaller than 6” x 6” (matte and frame inclusive).
We encourage everyone, faculty, students, local artists and friends and family to put work together and exhibit! It will be a great way to connect with each other through art.
As a reminder our show policies are below:
Policies and Procedures:
- Artists may submit a maximum of 3 works.
- To apply please submit high quality digital images to NOAFA (firstname.lastname@example.org) before October 24, 2022. All submissions will be reviewed with a select number of artworks being chosen and exhibited. If you cannot digitally submit your work for the exhibition - do not worry - you can bring it in on or before October 24th when digital submissions are being reviewed.
- The Gallery receives 40% commission on all works exhibited in the gallery and sold during the show. All works in the show must be original artwork by the artist and for sale. The Academy will collect all applicable sales taxes on sold works.
- Artwork physically submitted for consideration but not selected for the exhibition must be picked up before November 5.
- All artworks selected for the exhibit must be at the gallery ready to hang and will be accepted on these dates: Saturday, November 5 10am-4pm, November 7-9 Monday-Wednesday 9am-4pm; Tuesday & Wednesday 6-9pm. Ready to hang means finished and dry, framed or properly mounted.
- Work must be correctly identified on the back of each piece with artist’s name, title, price, medium, year and size, along with a corresponding written list. (Click here to download form.)
- The artist(s) are responsible for the cost of all framing and artwork preparation.
- The gallery will send invitations both physically and digitally.
- The Gallery hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm and Saturdays 10am to 4pm. The evening hours for the Gallery are Tuesday – Thursday 6pm to 8pm.
- The Opening Reception is scheduled for Saturday November 12 at 5:00pm. The Exhibit is scheduled for November 12-December 10.
- Unsold work should be picked-up December 12-17. (All dates subject to change.)