Instructor: Jonathon Hodge / 13 weeks / Sept 12 - Dec 12 (No class on Nov 21) / Tuesday / 1:00PM-4:00PM
Class Size: 5-8
Refine your figure drawing skills while working from a live model using reliable, historic techniques. This is an advanced class, and the model will hold the same exact pose each class for the duration of the course. This is a unique opportunity to spend many hours developing a single drawing from direct observation. In this class, we will cover a multitude of topics such as structure, comparative measurement, anatomy and turning form. There will be demos, Q&A sessions as well as in-depth personalized critiques of student work. Model will be nude and students must be at least 18 years of age.
Prerequisites: Beginning and Figure Drawing or equivalent. Previous students of the instructor will be given preference.
- 18” x 24” Strathmore 500 Series Sketchpad
- 6B, 2B, B & 2H Graphite Pencils (Any Brand)
- Kneaded Eraser
- Measuring Stick (shish kebab skewer is fine)
- X-Acto Knife for sharpening
- 220 Grit Piece of Sandpaper
- Plumb Line (Appx 3’ String with weight attached to one end)
- 18" x 24" Drawing Board (or similar rigid support) (Classrooms have boards to use during class)
- Hodge, Jonathan
- Skill Level:
- Registration Date:
- August 21, 2023