Instructor: Aimee Farnet-Siegel / 2-Day Workshop / May 18 & 19 / Wednesday-Thursday / 9:00AM-4:00PM (1-Hour Lunch Break)
Class Size: 5-10
In this workshop, consisting of two full days of uninterrupted creative time, students will have the luxury to be able to experiment, make mistakes and discover solutions in developing 6 small works.
Each student will begin by creating an image that they will copy and incorporate into multiple abstract collage and paint pieces.
There will be a homework assignment to be completed before our first class.
Prerequisites: Students should be proficient in basic collage and basic painting techniques so we can focus on strengthening our work and pushing it to the next level.
- Acrylic paints, including but not limited to: Red, blue, yellow, black, white.
- Paintbrushes, various sizes and shapes
- Drawing tools
- X-Acto knife
- 6" flat metal scraper
- Liquitex Freestyle Painting knife (#9, 11 or 13)
- Matte Medium *not medium/varnish
- Matte Gel *not medium/varnish
- Newsprint pad or roll
- paper towel roll and/or rag
- water can (for rinsing brushes)
- 6 painting surfaces (canvas, wood or paper; all same dimensions. No smaller than 8” x 10” and no larger than 16” x 16”
*We will color copy work using a for pay Xerox machine (credit card required). Please consider this extra cost for materials in your budget for this class.
- Skill Level:
- Farnet-Siegel, Aimee