Instructor: Carol Peebles / 13 Weeks / Sept 12-Dec 12 (No Class Nov 21) / Monday / 9:30AM-12:30PM
Class Size: 6-10
Description: Rather than long finished drawings, this class focuses on how to capture a likeness to the model and a sense of life in a short time. The class begins with 2 minute poses and works up to 5, 10, and 20 minutes. It is a study on how to observe life without concentrating on details, and how to best utilize limited time with your subject. Male and female models will be nude and students must be at least 18 years of age.
Prerequisist: None. This course is open to all levels, beginners to advanced students.
- PASTELS: bring any pastels you already have. If you have none, get a small basic Nupastel Hard Pastel Set. One or two pastel pencils, any color, any brand. I will discuss other options on the first day.
- CHARCOAL: If you would rather draw with charcoal instead of pastels, bring a variety.
- PAPER: bring any paper you already have. If you have none, get any pad of pastel paper, preferably one with a variety of colors. No need to get the most expensive paper, get whatever pad is on sale because we will go through lots of paper. I will discuss other paper options the first day.
- SKETCHBOOK: an 11x14 sketchbook, preferably Strathmore hardbound, but any other will do.
- any regular pen or pencil to take notes
- two large bulldog clips
- a kneaded eraser
- Peebles, Carol
- Skill Level:
- Skill Level:
- Registration Date:
- August 29, 2022