Instructor: Diego Larguia / 13 Weeks / Sept 4 - Dec 14 (No class Nov 23) / Wednesday / 1:00PM-4:00PM
Class Size: 5-9
We will be studying the unique characteristics of this elusive medium. Paintings will be done from preliminary sketches along with photographic references. Much emphasis will be placed on materials, technique and process. We will also study the work of master watercolor artists. First day of class with be dedicated to orientation, demonstration and supply list review. This class is suitable for those new to watercolor, and those who are more advanced.
Prerequisites: Beginning Drawing or equivalent
- Paints: tubes (preferred) or pans. Artist grade if possible. Otherwise buy Cotman brand.
- cobalt blue
- ultramarine blue
- payne’s gray
- burnt sienna
- neutral tint
- raw sienna
- alizarin crimson
- Watercolor palette. If buying one I would recommend Mijello (18 wells). See photo below.
- Paper: Arches cold press watercolor block 12”x16” (Individual sheets maybe purchased at the Academy. Inquire at the Front Office.)
- Brushes: A variety of watercolor brushes. If you don’t have any buy Da Vinci Casaneo quill brush set (includes 3 brushes #0, #2 and #4)
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Kneaded eraser
- Artist quality “masking” tape. Natural color (no green, blue, etc.).
- Fine spray water bottle
Note: If you already have watercolor supplies, bring what you have to the first day of class.
Registration for Adult Classes will start August 29, 2022.
- Larguia, Diego
- Skill Level:
- Registration Date:
- August 29, 2022
- Skill Level: