Instructor: Andrew Rodgers / 13 Weeks / Sept 15 - Dec 15 (No class Nov 24) / Thursday / 1:00PM-4:00 PM
Class Size: 5-9
“I have drawn my whole life. I began with drawing. I have never stopped drawing." -Rodin
Jump back into drawing or explore the fundamentals of art again as a refresher. This course is designed to offer the basics of spatial rendering to all artists who need a start or a new beginning. Through exploring the basics of line, ellipse, shading, contrast, expression, composition, perspective and more we will have a fun time getting to know drawing – the foundation of all art.
Why is Drawing Important to my Study of Art?
- Drawing is the fundamental tool of expression and design.
Course Objectives: The skills students should walk away with after this class will include:
- Efficiently using various drawing materials to create aesthetically pleasing space.
- The ability to render objects with a critical eye and mind.
- The knowledge of drawing processes and mediums.
Course of Study: The course of study is through 13, 3-hour classes. Through this course students will develop a deep understanding of several drawing mediums, focusing mostly on vine charcoal, but also pencil conte and then towards the end of the class an introductory exploration of color drawing media in oil and soft pastel.
Prerequisites: None – open to all!
- Vine Charcoal – a lot of it
- Drawing pencils, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B
- Papers –We will use a lot of the craft paper from the school which is free! See below for some of the papers to purchase.
- White eraser and kneaded eraser
- Blick Studio Drawing Pad - 18" x 24", 30 Sheets
- Large high-quality paper – purchase in school store
- Large, toned paper for conte – purchase in school store.
- Conte crayons – white and black.
- Sennelier Soft Pastels - Set of 12, Introductory Colors
- Sennelier Oil Pastel Set - Starter Set, Set of 12
A kit with all the supplies is availble. Please pre-order your kit by sending an email to [email protected]
- Rodgers, Andrew
- Skill Level:
- Registration Date:
- August 29, 2022