Instructor: Carol Peebles / 13 Weeks / Oct 4-Dec 13 & Jan 3-17 (No class Nov 22) / Monday / 9:30AM-12:30PM
Class Size: 6-12
This class is for Intermediate and Advanced students only (see below for detailed prerequisites in addition to the named courses). Students will work on 3-week poses, and the goal of the class will be long, detailed, finished drawings in charcoal.
Assumed proficiency as prerequisites:
an ability to measure and know the difference between sight-sizing and measuring
an ability to apply quadrants and achieve accurate height to width before beginning
understanding value relationships
This class takes place in our 3rd floor atelier with ample north light, which can be supplemented with numerous artificial lighting options.
Prerequisites: Beginning Drawing and Life Drawing or equivalent
- Strathmore Charcoal Paper, laid finish, series 500 premium, assorted tints, 18 x 24” - This has a wire binding and great colors. If the store is out of this, please get Strathmore Pastel Paper, textured finish - 400 series/best, assorted tints, 18 x 24’ (no other pastel paper, as this has a particular texture good for our vine charcoal)
- Soft Vine Charcoal or Willow Charcoal - Medium size sticks and one large stick. Make sure it is not hard vine, but soft, and medium size sticks (not skinny), so they they will fit into the charcoal holder.
- Vine Charcoal Holder 7" - Richeson Tools (not a pencil holder)
- A Kneaded Eraser
- Two or three Large Bulldog Clips (or 'bankers' clasps')
- 11 x 14" Strathmore Black Hardbound Sketchbook - For demos, notes during lectures and requisite homework diary.
- Two 6B Charcoal Pencils and/or Two 4B Charcoal Pencils
- One White Pencil (pastel, conté or white charcoal)
- New Pencil Sharpener or Razor Blade - with casing or ziploc bag for shavings.
- Paper Towel (not cloth, shammy or kleenex)
Carol will provide a sighting stick for use in class, and we will provide drawing boards and easels for use in class.
Registration for Adult Classes will start August 23, 2021.
- Peebles, Carol
- Skill Level:
- Skill Level:
- Registration Date:
- August 23, 2021