Instructor: Patti Adams / 12 Weeks / Oct 4 - Jan 10 (No class Nov 22, Dec 20 & 27) / Monday / 9:00AM-12:00PM
Class Size: 5-8
All levels of students are welcome to join this class, including those just beginning their study of calligraphy. There is a $55 supply fee, to cover essential supplies.
In this twelve-week calligraphy course, you will be introduced to the elegant Copperplate hand. We will focus on the elements and structure of this beautiful style of calligraphy, covering correct body posture, position and placement of the pen and the proper use of the tools of the craft. You will learn how to create its beautiful minuscules and majuscules, and learn how to flourish them, while creating your own original artwork.
**Calligraphy Supply Fee - $55
With this fee, the instructor will supply the following:
- Oblique pen holder with a brass flange
- 4 Nibs (Nikko G)
- Ink – small jar of Sumi Moon Palace Ink
- Pad of copperplate practice paper
Please bring these additional supplies with you to class:
- Mechanical pencil with 2H leads
- 12” cork-backed ruler
- Kneaded eraser
- Tiny jar and plastic pipette for decanting the ink
- Paper towels
- Two small containers for water
- Good quality synthetic brush (size 1 and/or 2)
Registration for Adult Classes will start August 23, 2021.
- Adams, Patti
- Skill Level:
- Registration Date:
- August 23, 2021