Instructor: Kaori Maeyama / 10 Weeks / Oct 7-Dec 16 (No Class Nov 25) / Thursday / 6:00PM-9:00PM
Class Size: 5-9
This course is the first in a sequence of drawing classes and will focus on observational drawing of objects from life. Through a series of exercises students will become familiar with fundamental techniques necessary to translate three-dimensional forms and spaces to a two-dimensional surface. Special attention is paid to such essential aspects of drawing as relative proportion, linear perspective, value, and texture.
Supplies: A kit containing the following supplies may be purchased at the office when you arrive for your first class. The cost of the kit is usually less than buying all the supplies at an art supply store.
- 18”x 24” cream drawing pad
- graphite pencils (HB, 2B, 4B, 6B)
- sight stick
- vine or willow charcoal sticks, assorted sizes
- kneaded eraser
Additionally, students provide the following:
- 18” metal cork-backed ruler
- plastic eraser (optional)
- charcoal Paper or Newsprint (optional)
- chamois or Soft Paper Towel (optional)
Registration for Adult Classes will start August 23, 2021.
- Maeyama, Kaori
- Skill Level:
- Registration Date:
- August 23, 2021