Instructor: Zona Wainwright / 11 Weeks / Oct 4-Jan 10 (No class Oct 25, Nov 22, Dec 20 & 27) / Monday / 9:00AM-12:00PM
Class Size: 5-11
Each student will utilize their training from basic instruction to continue developing their personal expression and further explore the process of abstract art. It will include:
finding their natural “mark”
using photos, blind contour drawing and spontaneous line drawings as inspiration
working in a series
working from observations
investigating composition using the formal elements and principles of design
The class will include practical demonstrations.
- Acrylic paints (Golden brand tubes required unless otherwise noted):
- burnt sienna
- cadmium red medium
- cadmium yellow medium
- cobalt blue
- dioxazine purple
- mars black or ivory black
- napthol red medium
- phthalo blue
- raw umber
- ultramarine blue
- yellow ochre
- white 16.8oz abstract Sennelier brand
- Staedtler 8B pencil
- Liquitex brand matte or gloss medium - 8oz
- palette paper 16 x 20” or 18 x 24”
- palette knife - RGN brand either 109 or 106 or 98
- brushes - minimum: Princeton Select #12 round (one), 1” flat wash (two), 1 1/2” bristle bright (one). You may also bring other brushes of your choice.
- paper towels - 1 roll
- There is no need to bring support/surfaces to paint on to your first class. We carry big sheets of index paper to purchase at $1 per sheet, which are perfect for your early exercises.
- about 1/2-gallon-sized water bucket
- masking tape
- push pins (handful)
- pencil sharpener
Note: These supplies are available at David Art Center. Ask about a student discount.
Registration for Adult Classes will start August 23, 2021.
- Wainwright, Zona
- Skill Level:
- Registration Date:
- August 23, 2021